TtH100 vs. AS-P6000

Username: Scottblaine_3

Blaine, Minnesota Usa

Post Number: 1
I am finishing off my basement and am looking for the most bang for the buck out of a Sub that is less than $300. I have an Onkyo receiver (Not sure model) with Bose m10 5 speaker system. I just ordered 4 BIC M-SR8 8" ceiling speakers for a pool room that adjoins my family room. I started out looking at the Athena AS-P4000. And after reading the reviews thought the AS-P6000's look like a great sub. Haven't really seen many reviews on the Acoustech H100 But what I have seen makes it sound like a good quality sub. Now mind you I am half deaf anyways so either will probably work and sound as good as the other to me. But I would like to get the better of the two? For companies sake. My TV room is 15 X 30 and the pool room L's off that and is 17 X 21 if that matters.
Thanks for your thoughts

Blaine, Minnesota Usa

Post Number: 2
Or any other recommendations you may have I see ebay has a Velodyne VRP-1200 for a little more.
So many choices. could give a guy a headache.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8551
I like Velodynes better than the Athena sub line-up. I think they are the weakest link in an otherwise excellent speaker line. Don't get me wrong, I like Athenas, I just did not care for their subs, your guests may like it though, they may not stick around long enough to critique your system :-) Stick with your budget and you and your guests will be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4312
actually any Velo sub I've ever heard in the $300 range has been mediocre at best.

The Velos don't start getting decent until you hit $500 (dps-10/vlr-3750) and up.

Scott if $300 is your absolute max you'll be fine with either of the subs in this thread title.

If it were a smaller enclosed room I'd recommend the Hsu STF-1 but looks like you have a fairly big room that opens up to another one, so bigger is better even if you might have a little boominess.

Blaine, Minnesota Usa

Post Number: 4
How would the BIC v1520 compare to these two subs as it is about the same price delivered? Does the Acoustech H100 have better components? Even though they are from same mother company?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3375
BIC make nice pens and razors.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us