NAD pre C162+ power C272 or integrated C370 ???

Username: Superpeng

Post Number: 1
Dear all,

Between NAD c162 preamp+ NAD C272 poweramp or NAD C372 integrated amp, which one should I select? I need consumer opinions for consideration.

My system includes ALON I and Rega Planet 2000.

Thank a lot.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 547
Peng Cho:

Don't know your speakers (I have heard good things about them, though), but I love your CD player!

If given the choice, I would always opt for the separates. It is my understanding that the amp section of the 372 is identical to the 272, so no difference there, but the pre-amp of the 162 is a modest improvement over the 372, and includes a nice phono section, if that matters. But the biggest improvement comes from isolating the pre-amp section from the amp's power supply, and giving the pre-amp its own power supply. It just makes for a cleaner signal.

Certainly, price matters as the separates will cost more, but if the cost differential makes no difference to you, I would suggest you go with the separates.

Enjoy!

Username: Superpeng

Post Number: 2
Thank you Hawk,

Some gurus in my country said that C372 is basically the combination between C162 and C272. However, I think it's not true (like what you explained.) By the way, in my country, the price of C272 is 20% cheaper than that of C372.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us