Sony STRDE595S with Kenwood Speakers

Josh Danart
Unregistered guest
I had a US Model Kenwood integrated receiver, which got fried this past weekend (too loud for too long). I bought a new Sony STRDE595S receiver. When I hooked up the new receiver to my existing Kenwood speakers there were some serious issues. First the subwoofer was outputting all sound, muted, but still outputting sound. Fixed that by running the speakers directly into the receiver. Now my right channel is putting out almost 100% of the entire output with the other four speakers putting out barely anything. The right speaker is acting almost like a center channel speaker. The speakers are hooked up to the right connections in the back and I've tested each speaker on the right channel and they all work. One theory, I have which could be completely out in left field is that the original receiver was a US Kenwood model(110V using a transformer) and the speakers came with that receiver. The new Sony component I bought is an Australian model(220V). Could it be that the speakers are wired in such a way that a stronger electrical current does not enable them to force outputs equally to all channels? This seems like a silly theory, but I have no idea what the problem could be. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gonzo
Unregistered guest
First,
Take the receiver back, and try a new one, I beleivbe there is better than a Sony 595 even in that price range, but if you like it thats great.

If that doesnt fix the problem, try running another set of speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us