Connect receiver to Satellite TV and more...

Anonymous
Username: Unregistered

CA

Post Number: 1
I was able to get the stereo working through the tv...but cant get the (DirectTV) channels working through the receiver?? Trying to hook-up DVD as well. Receiver: Insignia 200W 2.0-Ch. Stereo Home Theater Receiver; Model: IS-HC04091.

Help?!

Anonymous

CA

Post Number: 2
Actually, HD is thrown in as well... and I'm getting no TV at all...or I should say I am getting video but no audio.

Anonymous

CA

Post Number: 3
Make that DISH network. Sorry, I'm relaying info from my partner over here... thanks again, for any input (no pun intended). :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Bvg

Arvada, CO

Post Number: 27
Not much to go on here. Sorry.

By "receiver", do you mean the satellite receiver? By "stereo working through the TV" you mean... I'm not sure? It sounds like you're using the TV speakers for your stereo, which would be unusual to say the least.

Any chance that you have a reasonably saavy and local friend or installer who can help? Sometimes it helps to see the actual setup on site.

Start by simplifying. Hook up exactly one thing at a time. If you're getting video but no audio at the TV, then you have a signal at the satellite receiver, and you are passing it to the TV. That's a start. Check your connections for the audio. Once you've solved that problem, move to the next one.

This gets pretty complicated to describe verbally(lots of typing). There are also many different sorts of cables, which can change how you hook things up.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3104
http://www.ce.org/connections_application/

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1038
The three wires for the HD video connection only carry video, you still need to hook up a seperate connection for audio. If the Dish Network box has an orange hole on the back, buy a digital coax cable and connect that to the orange coax in hole on the receiver.

Now you must tell the receiver where the sound is coming from. In options or on the remote, there should be selection for Digital, select the coax #1,2, etc. that you plugged into while the corresponding video is selected.

If you must connect with the red and white holes, usually there is a connection for each video label.

Good luck!

Username: Harjun

arizon700 receiver code.thanks.anybody have this code.

Username: Harjun

Post Number: 2
hi.could somebody tell how to put favorite channels in fav.i have arizon 700 receiver.thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4203
no.

Username: Iffu2006

Dubai, UAE UAE

Hi guys.. I am a newbie.
I have a PC using 19" LCD monitor. I want to connect my satellite receiver to my PC so that I can use my LCD to use it for watching TV. my receiver has a smartcard to watch pay channels. i need to connect the output of receiver to my PC input. how do i do that. I am having Radeon 9200se (DVI+SVIDEO+VGA) connectors at the back of my card. I have connected my LCD monitor to the 15pin VGA. how do i connect my receiver to this. so that i can watch my satellite channels on my LCD. what cable/convertor do i need. kindly advise..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us