This SHOULD be a very easy question!

Bronze Member
Username: Torchum

Post Number: 18
I have asked so many sellers of sound the same dam question and I can't believe the variance of answers. The question is quite simple..."where should one set the crossover on the sub if setting the sub and all speakers is already done through my Rotel rsx 1056. I have everything set at small & 60hz as my fronts are a 47hz floorstander. Logic says that dialing the crossover on the sub wouldn'y make a difference if set at receiver but it does...very noticably. I don't want to have competing crossvers and cranking it all the way up to the 180 hz seems to allow too much information in so I'm not sure that answer is correct as well. Would really appreciate some kind of sense from this quandary
What say you?

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1620
All the way up should be correct, but I suppose 60 Hz implies two filters limiting the info at higher frequencies.

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 183
Yep, when using the receiver's crossover, the crossover setting on the sub should be at its max. Some subs have a dedicated LFE input which bypasses the sub's crossover (and therefore, the sub's crossover control) to use for the sub output on the receiver.

Username: Petesnyder

Cleves, Oh US

Post Number: 1
I have a 12-inch sub taht does not make sound. It is connected to a Yamaha receiver through the sub out connection. The options are set as front and center speakers=small and LFE=both. The auto setup with the mic provided with the receiver does not recognize that a sub is connected. The sub lgihts up to include the amp power light however it goes out after approx. 5 mins. suggesting it does not have a signal despite the tuner sending sound to the other speakers. I hooked sub up to another portable stereo through the high's and it does transfet soudn to that speaker but their is nothing from the sub itself. I connected the sub directly,bypass the amp,. to the portable and it works well. Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Torchum

Post Number: 20
Just getting back to you who answered my querry. Thanks as it was appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us