300 disc changer/DVD Player?

Hello, Does anyone know of a 300 disk cd changer with a DVD player built in? Before you answer I also need it to have DTS surround sound capabilities. The ones I've seen have no optical outputs.

Derek
I can't find a DVD changer WITHOUT some type of digital output. Just a quick look at www.crutchfield.com revealed the;
Kenwood Sovereign DV-5050M
Kenwood Sovereign DV-5900M
Sony DVP-CX875P and I'm sure there are more.
These will send the raw DTS bitstream to you receiver for decoding.

Now, if you mean internal DTS DECODING, that's a different story...

now Im lost... I have a dvd player that decodes dts and sends it to my receiver which plays it in dts. I'm hoping for a new dvd player that can do the same thing but also have the 200-300 cd capacity.

Derek
Your current DVD player has 6 channel analog out to your receiver (meaning you have SIX patch cables from the DVD to the receiver)?

If you have ONE digital (optical or coax) going from you DVD to your receiver, your DVD player is not decoding anything. It's sending the raw bitstreem and the receiver is doing the work.

If your receiver can decode DTS, you can use any changer.

The Pioneer DV-F727 cannot. The Kenwood DV-5050M cannot. The Kenwood DV-5900M CAN. The Sony DVP-CX875P cannot.

Ahhhh...Yes my Onkyo SR600 does all the decoding and I do use just the optical cable. So any changer will send the "raw" DTS signal to my receiver so I should not be concerned whether it says DTS or not on the changer?

Derek
You got it.

I think you should add the Pioneer Elite F07, also a 300 disker. I have had this unit for the last year in my system and works flawlesly. I have compared it to high end cd only players ( Arcam, Musical fidelity etc) and it is very close. I luv it so much that as soon as Pioneer Elite comes out with a model that has the same specs and takes dvd audio and sacd I will trade up sight unseen. I cant recommend it high enough fi your budget stretches that far.

Cheers
Stuart

ask for dvd 300 disc or more
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us