Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 31
can u make a home theartre subwoofa sound relli low like car audio subs

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1202
yes, but its called distortion :-)

most car audio subs distort on the order of more than 20%. They are designed for SPL, not sound quality, unless you step out of the mass market and do a custom install.

quality bass does not call attention to itself, and you are never aware of your subwoofers presence. If your subs are set up properly, it should simply sound like your mains are playing lower, NOT LOUDER, in the bass.

car systems are rarely ever set up this way. They usually are in the format of what is known here to the home audio guys as "ghetto blasters." All bass, nothing else.

Silver Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 275
That isnt True Gavin, car audio systems can have great sound quality it just depends on wat sub you buy there are subs for SPL and SQ.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2885
It is true, Devin. Been tried hundreds of times here alone, the car stuff is made to work in a small confined space, like an Oldsmobile.
Unless you live in a car or closet, the car stuff is inappropriate.
Unless your listening standards are of the car type anyhow.

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1208
Devin...

notice I said MOST... not ALL

please read thew whole post amd be sure that you understand it before you comment on it :-)

Silver Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 338
Gavin..
(They are designed for SPL, not sound quality), look wat you said right there. you said there ment for spl not sound guality

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1212
ummmm... I said most in the statement directly before that...

quote me properly if you are going to quote me...

MOST car audio subs distort on the order of more than 20%. THEY (in reference to most) are designed for SPL, not sound quality, unless you step out of the mass market (infinty, audiobahn, polk) and do a custom install (morel, HSU research).

I fixed my post so hopefully it will make it easier for you to understand.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2943
And unless you utilise full words, Devin, it is difficult to understand what you are saying.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us