Bel Canto amps

Silver Member
Username: Paulfolbrecht

Post Number: 198
In my never-ending quest for better sound I became intrigued by Bel Canto's old SET40 design. Been thinking about trying a SET for awhile, but needed something with substantial power (>20W).

I had known that BC had been producing switching amps for sometime but was unaware until recently that this is now ALL they produce - John gave up on tubes and SET entirely for this technology! Wow! Is that saying something?

Anyway, now I'm intrigued, and after all I've read about these amps I'm curious to try one. I was wondering if there are any old SET or just tube diehards out there who abandoned the valves for this new stuff. How good are these new amps? Do they really give that SET glow and prescence without any of the drawbacks?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3348
I'm not an old SET diehard but I have listened to the Bel Canto's in question (in fact spent quite awhile yesterday listening to them) and they are very nice. Clean and detailed without the typical SS nasties and hardness. Much to like about them. If you have a chance go and give them a listen.

Silver Member
Username: Paulfolbrecht

Post Number: 199
Now I have a used e.One 300 on the way to try out.

Audiogon is my herion.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3350
Audiogon is good....very good!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us