Wharfedale 8.4 and Rotel RA 01 - wud u recommend?

Username: Raftuq

Post Number: 1
Dear friends,

Am an absolute newbie, but love music (guess that's what matters most). I listen to Indian classical and my room's size is 10'x10'. Am considering the Wharfedale Diamond 8.4 (Rs 18500)and Rotel RA 01 (Rs 19000), so you know my budget. I could probably stretch it a few thousands more.

Is it a good combination? Are there better options? (I live in Bangalore).

Thanks in advance.
Rafiq

Bronze Member
Username: Serniter

Piscataway, New Jersey USA

Post Number: 19
To me, it is a good combination. I have Wharfedale 8.3s and they are excellent for mid-range (vocals). Also, I like the seamless manner in which the tweeter integrates with the mid-woofer. However, I do not know how you like treble presented. Strings sound very natural on the 8.3s. Alternatively, if you are listening to speakers such as the Bose mini-cubes, strings will seem highlighted and sharper. It is a matter of personal preference, and I suggest you listen to different types of speakers before making a choice. I am quite certain you will not have issues with bass, especially with 8.4s. Do let us know what your options are for speakers. I have not heard Rotel amps myself, but they are recommended on this forum. Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1044
It should be a very good combination.

On a side note have you guys seen the concert for the memorial of George Harrison? It starts with a 30 - 40 minute tribute by Ravi Shankar and his daughter Anoushka. I'm not sure if their music is considered classical Indian, but we were absolutely mesmorized by the performance of Anoushka and the full Indian band. I think the fact that she is very hot didn't hurt the concert one bit :-)

Anyway I would recommend seeing this concert.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us