The 600.00 Question!!!!!!!!!

Username: Titleist

Post Number: 4
I have a set Orb Mod1 being shipped to me as we speak. I need to decide what type of receiver to get. Orb has a model they suggest (Pioneer VSX-816-K)which you can purchase from Orb (approx 300.00). I have also been looking at the Outlaw 1070. The price difference is approx 600.00. Will I get that much more of a benefit with the Outlaw considering all I use my living tv for is watching movies? Any other receiver suggestions would be most appreciated. 900.00 is the most that I would spend...I would rather have something in the 300-500.00 range if I can get good performance

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1031
Not for watching TV. You won't find much difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 50
Wow, love those 7.1 units for $299. Like Stof said for TV who cares. But for movies that Outlaw will kill that crappy $299 job.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2726
Keith, just about anything is better than that pioneer.
I suggest you seek out the Integra line and see what they have to offer.

Post Number: 9
I was thinking about the harmon kardon avr 635. From what I could see you can get that for less than 600.00 new. Also, they say that H/k is "warm"..what does that mean..and is warm ok for movies. I pretty much will only be using this system for movies

Post Number: 10
I was thinking about the harmon kardon avr 635. From what I could see you can get that for less than 600.00 new. Also, they say that H/k is "warm"..what does that mean..and is warm ok for movies. I pretty much will only be using this system watching dvd'd

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2734
For movies, just about anything will do.
Check the sales, and buy as you like.

Bronze Member
Username: Floyd_1977

Plainfield, IL USA

Post Number: 11
"Keith, just about anything is better than that pioneer."

"Wow, love those 7.1 units for $299. Like Stof said for TV who cares. But for movies that Outlaw will kill that crappy $299 job."

I got my Pioneer VSX-D912 for under $300 and it's great. Can one of you experts tell me if it is also a piece of crap?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4077
Keith & Nathan:

I wouldn't say either Pioneer (the 816 or 912) is crap, but I might say that something like an HK 235 from Harman Audio on eBay would probably provide better music SQ for it for about the same price.

Ditto with a digital Panny, but that would really vary depending on your speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 55
"I got my Pioneer VSX-D912 for under $300 and it's great. Can one of you experts tell me if it is also a piece of crap?"

Noithing to tell you, just listen to it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us