I was playing this receiver and it shut down before i could read what it said on the front. Now everytime i turn it on it stays on for 5 seconds and then says 'poweringoff' and shuts itself off. I've looked everywhere to figure this one out but have found no solutions. Please help!
look in the postings for the vsx-24tx for one. now to your problem I own a VSX-05 and i had the same problem my reciever would flash OVERLOAD on the display and shut off within seconds i thought i had a faulty reciever but it was a short circuit caused by my cat.my advice is too check all of your wires remove them all and if it works reinstall them one at a time.
check the speaker ohms and see if its compatible with the reciever, maybe you have an impedence mismatch and the recieveris overworking itself?