Plan Re-Done

Username: Davidday

Madison Heights, MI USA

Post Number: 7
I decided to show my wife some equipment for our new living room, and she saw the Gallo Acoustics A'Diva Ti Speaker System. Now even though this is a little more money than I wanted to spend, she has to have it because it looks great to her. Now my receiver combination is up in the air, I was going with an Outlaw 990/7125 to go with my B&W 604s, but now I am stumped.

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 207
Outlaw, Nad, Marantz, Denon should be pretty good choices for the gallo speaker system you have there

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8423

Why do you feel the Outlaw unit isn't a proper match to the Gallos?

Madison Heights, MI USA

Post Number: 8
I went to the local dealer for Gallo speakers, and he pointed out that these speakers were pretty easy to drive. He hooked them up to a Denon 2807 and it sounded pretty good. The Outlaw may be a little overkill.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8424

Before anyone else jumps in here, let me be the first to say, good sound is never overkill.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2463
Amen, Lawdy, Amen.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8425

David, do you and your wife sit down to listen to music and do nothing else but listen to music? No reading, no watching TV, no doing anything other than listening to music. Is music always just a background item for you rather than sitting down to listen? Do you want the music to be ambient sound in the room or would you prefer a more formal presentation? When I sit down to really listen to music, I sit in a specific chair and the speakers are a specific distance and location in front of me. A stage appears in front of me and the piano is to the right, the drums to the left and the vocals are in the center. Is that what you expect from your system, or do you want music to be everywhere in the room while you sit anywhere in the room?

Why had you thought about buying the Outlaw in the first place?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2465
Dave, other more mainstream and regular amps would come to mind, does your dealer offer anything else?
Outlaw tells me that
you have read a lot of forum pages, have you heard them?

Madison Heights, MI USA

Post Number: 9
Yes I have heard of Outlaw. THe dealer also sells Marantz. What is driving me crazy is this HDMI technology. When it works it is great. I watch about 33% sports from HD cable, 33% movies, and 33% rock music. The other dealer I went to see doesn't sell the speakers I want, but does sell Pioneer, Yamaha, and Rotel. The Rotel 1057 was one of my first choices, but the dealer disavows all knowledge of the product. Rotel tells me it (the 1057) should be available by the end of the month. I am kind of curious to see what Pioneer's new Elite models are like, since the 74 and 72 series aren't being made anymore.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2471
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=1&post=693756#POST693756

This link leads to a company with a neat switch gizmo.
Good site, maybe read who these guys are.

The Outlaws use DVi which can be converted a number of ways.

Madison Heights, MI USA

Post Number: 10
I went back to my dealer, he sells a couple of other brands of receiver, Marantz, as I said before, and NAD. I asked to compare the Marantz 8500 and NAD 763 with the Denon 2807. The Denon showed well, and he commented that he has had a lot of quality problems with Marantz and NAD recently. So I picked up a Denon 2807.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2549
Very good, David.
Although some products do better than Denon in certain applications(IMHO) that unit is well rounded for all.

That Denon will be your centerpiece for many years to come.
Do enjoy, and let us know how it runs in!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2550
Did you get the Gallo speakers, David?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us