What amp for bose 601 series 2 direct reflect speakers

Username: Cuscus

Post Number: 1
I have just got some older bose 601 series 2 direct reflect speakers. What amp do I need for these ?

They are 8 ohm but no other info. I understand they are awesome speakers but would love some advice on how to get the best out of them. Any advice on how to clean the top speakers of dust before I fire them up ?

Thanks David

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8419

How long have you had these speakers and why are the "top" speakers" covered with dust?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7962
Why are you asking for advice on cleaning dust? Haven't you ever dusted anything before in your life?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7963
You could use a rake:-)

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2456
Or a wife.
OW!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2457
Mrs. Nuck says hi....gotta dry the dishes.

Username: Cuscus

Post Number: 2
Thanks so much for the great advice. Never thought my wife could take an interest in Bose speakers. I bought them from a lady who thought they were old and shitty. She had them in her shed and they were saw dust covered.

I do not want to harm the cones or add static etc , but if a rake is ok to use I will blow them off with air from a safe distance.

What amp does your wife suggest ??

Bronze Member
Username: Divin11112000

Michigan

Post Number: 76
Well I would have to side with the lady you bought them from. Bose is almost like cursing on this forum. Anything would work to power those speakers. I would suggest getting anything off the shelf at a best buy or circuit city.
You won't get much "good" sound out of bose products *typically*
I suggest auditioning other speakers and put the bose back in the shed where they belong.

just my .02

Gold Member

Post Number: 2478
The 601's are not as brutal as the rest of the line.

Stick 'em on a receiver and try them out, for gawds' sakes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us