Outdoor speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Pablo

Post Number: 20
I am looking for a help in choosing outdoor speakers. I have 23' x 20' deck as my whole townhouse backyard, with hot tub in it. In my living room I have NAD 743 with Totem Arro, so I want to connect some outdoor speakers to "B" speakers connection. Futureshop has Yamaha All Weather Speakers (NSAW150W) for $115 canadian (total with tax). I was offered Definitive Technology AW 100 at local store for $380 canadian (total with tax and maybe some outdoor monster cable included as well). I am assuming AW 100 are much better speakers but are they 3 times better as the price? I have neighbors all around so I can not listen loud so power is not an issue.
Thanks
Pablo

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 983
My personal opinions is the Def Tech's are overpriced. Also for going outdoors where you have very little control of ambient sound, it does not make a lot of sense to spend money to get better quality sound that get's washed out anyways.

Monster cables are another waste of good money.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2429
A JVC x200 boombox is a great option that I went for.
Lots of power, lots of bass, you can point it away from neighbors and take it back inside.
No more than Def Tech speakers, and a whole lotta fun to boot!

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1094
Iake a look at the Onix outdoor speakers from www.av123.com

they aren't terribly expensive, and are said to sound great.

Bronze Member
Username: Pablo

Post Number: 21
Thanks Nuck but I have 200 cd changer, plus 40gb of mp3 on my laptop that I can connect to the NAD so outdoor speakers are the sollution. the question is are AW 100 3 times better then NSAW150W?
Pablo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us