Amp fro B&W805 and Jazz, New age

Bronze Member
Username: Eieiei0101x

Post Number: 80
Please recomend me an integrated amp to match these speakers on 3 price ranges 1000 USG, 1750 US and 2500 USD

Mostly interested in compensating weak low freq response from N805 without lossing natural sound

Thanks a lot

Eduardo

Bronze Member
Username: Ravbains

MelbourneAustralia

Post Number: 63
Hi Eduardo,

just a question, what amp are you currently using for your N805 speakers?

I have only heard the 805-signature, and the new 805S models. If these are any guide they are extremely revealing speakers and deserving of a very good amp.

Of the three budgets you mention it is probably only the higher end that will do these speakers justice.

I would imagine that the N805 needs a high quality solid state integrated some thing like a Mcintosh, Krell, Lavardin, Classe etc etc

But you would need to listen for yourself to make a decision.

For good bass response, you may want to try one of the Mcintosh integrated amps.

Otherwise, you could consider a sub, but I personally dont like subs.

cheers
Rav

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2490
Eduardo, you asked for, and got, the Macintosh rec.

Shop the Mac, my friend and never look back.

Bronze Member
Username: Ravbains

MelbourneAustralia

Post Number: 64
Hi Eduardo,

I see from another thread that you own a NAD BEE combination. So I guess that answers my question, also you state that you listened to some other amps (Arcam, Krell, and Musical Fidelity).

I am envious of your high resolution speakers, but see that this is a little unbalanced with your present electronics. Hence your dilemma.

I have listened to the 805-signature model, and the new 805s, the dealer had Electrocompaniet amplification in use at the time I was listening.

I think that if you upgrade to a more powerful and refined amp, you will get tighter and faster, more damped bass from you N805. So you will get more quality bass, but not a great increase in quantity.

The two 805's that I listened to, I would say their strengths were their neutrality, lack of boxy colourations, imaging, and speed. But I would not say bass extension is one of their strengths. I find that Dynaudios of a similar cabinet volume offer greater bass extension.

You may need to get a powered sub, but I don't know anything about subs, so cannot advise. But I am sure B&W probably make a complementary product within their range.

best of luck
Rav

Bronze Member
Username: Eieiei0101x

Post Number: 82
Thanks to all

I agree the Nad Bee shows all its imperfections in the N805. When I heard them with KAV400 they were just totally different.

what is the price of the Machitosh?

Eduardo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us