Review of Radiient Hyperion speakers

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 173
I recently purchased the hyperion speakers from Radiient.com and i am really impressed with them.

They came double boxed in two days from Santa Clara, CA and free shipping.

I am matching them with denon 1910 dvd player, denon dcm-380 and denon 3805. The sound quality out of the box is really smooth and clear without being too "forward". Ive been letting them break in for the past couple of days and now the sound is just amazing. The center channel is great in terms of dialogue clarity and reproduction. Total imaging is oustanding and spacious.

When i play a cd and close my eyes its as if the person is singing right in front of me. The sounds is very warm and clear.

The speakers are solid everywhere and finished with a nice piano gloss front. The pictures on the website really dont do the speakers justice for how sexy they look in person.

This is a pretty new company but they have some great products at reasonable prices that if your in the market for a 5 speaker system for under $1,000; IMO this is one of the best options for quality and sound reproduction.

eric

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2405
Enjoy, Eric.

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
have you had any experience with radiient before nuck?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2416
Nope, Eric, and now the onus is on you to provide reviews and opinions on the product for the rest of the forum, so we are all more informed.
Listen closely and let us know, would ya?
We would all appreciate your input.
Enjoy!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7907
They look like nice inexpensive speakers. I'd like to know more about them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
they really are quite nice speakers, great material and excellent sound.

Id compare these to higher end Kefs, Wharfedales and some monitor audio speakers. The sound is quite good IMHO

Bronze Member
Username: Patnshan

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 26
Take a look at the website where they discuss who the founders are and what they have done prior to this company. Pretty impressive if it's true. They are also coming out with a 4 x 1 1080p HDMI switcher that looks interesting. I am glad to hear your impression Eric. Thanks,
Pat

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
My overall experience with Radiient was just outstanding too. I wanted a package that didnt exist on their website and they put one together for me; which is pretty unheard of in most cases.

Their little bookshelf speakers for $200 look really promising too! Id like to side test them against some Paradigms or some B&W's. Or maybe even some higher end Mirage.

I would really encourage other people here to give these guys a try.

That HDMI switcher looks very handy, especially for $300.

Bronze Member
Username: Dfantom32

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 90
Eric,

Wow that's a good deal for a 5.1 speakers...the appearance is quite formal and classic.

That's a good comparison Eric.

Thanks for the inputs on this.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
i just did some comparison against my older jbl northridge E60 towers and the Radiient Hyperion towers and it was very very different.

The Jbl's sounded good, dont get me wrong, but there was something about the midrange and the highs that really shined with the Radiient speakers. It seemed that the sound was much more "defined" for a lack of a better word when i played Pink Floyd "Money".

Hands down; for a cheaper price than the JBL packagaes out there, the Radiients are just fantastic and really classy looking speakers

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7920
Very nice, Eric!
I am, however, not at all that impressed with the JBL Northridge series. I think I hear the same thing you did with the JBLs. The highs tend to break up on certain notes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
you got it berny!

with the radiient hyperions, the higher notes were very clean, crisp and didnt make my hears want to bleed.

The jbls sound more restricted and bland now that i have tried some other cds.

Classical music sounds stunning on these speakers! I am very happy with this purchase and hope that Radiient continues to thrive in the market

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
bump

Bronze Member

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 91
Eric,

I just mention this to my friend and kind of interrested on this, he has Yamaha receiver (sorry dont know the model) with 75wpc on it do you think it will drive this speaker?

Thanks!
:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
He shouldn't have any issues at all with the speakers with any yammy receiver. The speakers dont require that much power to run and are very efficient to begin with.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2438
But that's with the big 3805, Eric?
How much volume have you tried, and are they fully run-in in your opinion?

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
that is true, i am using the 3805. However from what I remember when I had a yammy, it easliy powered my athenas and klipsch speakers which are the exact same ratings as the hyperions for sensitivity.

I have gone from -70.5 db all the way to +1.5 db so far and the speakers easily handled it. No high end distortion or cracking even though it was loud as all heck. I find that right around -30 to -10 pleases my ears the most. Not that any other volume is bad, but that area seems to reveal a lot from the cds and movies.

Bronze Member

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 92
Yup, that's my next question though that you tested in your 3805 which I think way different compare to yammy (correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyway, I havent check on there website but maybe you know is there a return policy on this?

Thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
well the yammy your friend has compared to a 3805 is going to be pretty different in terms of quality because the yammy is lower end and the denon is higher end and has different cicuitry. However, yammies have always been known for good musical reproduction aswell as good movie decoding. I compared my old yammy to my old pioneer elite and i thought the yammy sounded better in music but not as good in movies compared to the elite.

The return policy is 30 days trial, and if you dont like it you can return it for a full refund of the original purchase price less the return shipping costs. Pretty decent givin the fact that shipping to you is free.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2443
The Yammy might be a little thinner and more forward than the Denon, by comparison.
Neither will deliver the rated power, as well(this may not matter a whit).
The Denon will likely fill in the mids for a fuller sound.
I would like to hear a comparo between the 2 makes with the same speakers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
it will deff be more forward with the yammy but a lot of people like the way forward sounds, i remember i use to love it. Now i am use to more warmer, neutral sounds so i am pretty partial to that, hence all the denon i own.

the comparison would be awesome i think

Gold Member

Post Number: 2445
Let us know if that happens, Eric?

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
actually my friend has a decent htr yammy that i could borrow and compare against my denon witht the radiient speakers.

oh boy i feel a demo comming on!

Bronze Member

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 93
hehehe...yes please do eric..!!! hehehe

You will a RND person...!!!

:-):-):-)

cheers!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
little update after getting my friends htr 5660 receiver.

The sound is actually pretty good. It is alittle forward with a the yammy at some higher notes but i adjusted the frequency and made it more flat and that has really helped it smooth out.

2 channel stereo is very clean with the hyperion speakers. However, nice i am use to my denon and i do like the sound more from it.

I tried a couple of different cds with the yammy and i really liked it. I was much more impressed than i thought i would be. I am more tuned in with warmer sounds compared with more forward, brighter sounds but the average person probably wouldnt be able to tell too much of a difference at all.

Keep in mind though you should adjust the frequency and the tone alittle bit to get some more "defined" mids and highs but other than that, it sounds good to me.

Adrain; have your friend give it a shot! He won't be dissapointed IMHO

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
bump

going to post up some pics pretty soon

Bronze Member

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 94
Nice info on that Eric, yup, I will tell to my friend about that.

I'm sure your comments & thoughts on this is really appreciated Eric.

I will let you know what happens if my friend decided to get this.

He's bugging me to check on this here in the forum. :-):-):-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
let us know which ever way he ends up going

thanks and bump

Bronze Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 27
Eric,
How does that light wood veneer (or vinyl) look? I was concerned with that as I have seen some light colored speakers that looked like crap. Also, can you really see the wood that much if looking at the speakers straight on? The reason I ask is that my wife "requests" all black speakers, but think I could "sell it" to her if the wood color is really only on the sides and back. I am also considering the BIC acoustechs.
Thanks,
Pat

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
the quality is outstanding and looks like real light wood.

when looking at them headon you see about 1/2 inch of wood on the left and right of the speaker, you mostly see the black glossy fronts.

the build of the speakers is excellent

Bronze Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 28
Thanks again, I may just have to order them and have a look and listen!

Pat

Bronze Member

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 96
Eric,

You just mentioned about the finish correct me if I'm wrong on this, so the front of the speaker is glossy finish not the whole speaker? Too bad there's no other picture that show all sides of the speaker.

Yup, I will let you know what he ends up on this.

:-):-):-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
the fronts are piano gloss black while the sides and top are light beech wood.

ya they should get some better pictures of the speakers but oh well they look so nice in person

Bronze Member

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 97
Actually I search it to the google.com nothing shows up on this speakers...I'm so curious on the appearance. Well, my friend deciding to get the Hyperion speakers...he's thinking of getting the fronts only but when he saw the price difference most likely he will get the whole ht pkg.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
ya its really worth it to get the whole package but i have some monitor audio surrounds on the way so i only wanted the front three.

let us know how he likes em!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
if you go to mymac.com they have some different shots of the speakers when they did their review a while back

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
bump for new ppl

Username: Tim817

DFW, TX

Post Number: 3
How do they compare to the Infinity Beta 50 speakers? Am I comparing orange to apple here?
I notice the towers speakers are a liltle light (38lbs).

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
Ive never heard infinity betas before, so i really dont know how they would sound.

Light? Try picking them up, they are very tall speakers in a new cabinet design.

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us