CD Player can't play CD's says "No Disc"

Username: Chad55

Post Number: 1
All of a sudden my 5 Disc CD changer can't play any CD's. It tries to read it then say "NO DISC" I tried many CD's but nothing works. I've tried plugging it out. What could the problem be? Is is worth paying to fix it.

It is an RCA Surround System-Large Self system
2Large Speaker and 2 small speakers,
5 Disc Changer, Double Deck Tape player

Thanx,

Chad

Bronze Member
Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 14
The laser could be dirty of faulty, does it spin up a number of times, maybe making some clicking noises before saying "no disk"?

Is so, the cd player is probably failing to find the right focal distance to read the disk. Either try a cd lens cleaning disk (has bushes on the disk), or if you're brave, pull it part and clean the lens diectly with a cotton bud (maybe a second step if the lens cleaning kit elps, but doesn't cure it).

Otherwise, it could need a new laser. I found itr faily easy to replace the one in my ps2

Bronze Member
Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 15
The laser could be dirty of faulty, does it spin up a number of times, maybe making some clicking noises before saying "no disk"?

If it does, the cd player is probably failing to find the right focal distance to read the disk. Either try a cd lens cleaning disk (has bushes on the disk), or if you're brave, pull it part and clean the lens diectly with a cotton bud (maybe a second step if the lens cleaning kit elps, but doesn't cure it).

Otherwise, it could need a new laser. I found it faily easy to replace the one in my ps2

Username: Chad55

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply usernamex. I tried using a CD Lens Cleaning Disk and it was not able to read the disc. I called RCA and the Automated message said if it is not under warranty it's not worth fixing so I guess that means I have to throw it away as I have no time to repair it myself.

Thanks Again I really appreciate your help.

Chad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us