Voice Matching! HELP

Username: Pin

Post Number: 1
(or is it "bookshelves")

Hi, I don't understand 'voice matching'. How can I know what speakers will best match my center channel speaker? (Boston Acoustics CRC)

thanks for your kind dumbing down of this, and/or your directly telling me which brands/models to buy!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7819
The easiest way is to buy the same brand and in the same line up. If you have the Boston Acoustics...use other Boston Acoustics. Or scrap the center and just get a whole new matching set.

If you go for the replacement gig, what is your budget?

Username: Pin

Post Number: 2
Can you say what is a similarly voiced brand to Boston Acoustics?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3932
Maybe Axiom Audio, or other brands that use metal dome tweeters.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 930
Barry,

I wouldn't try to match a "similar brand" to your CRC center. Either go get a matched "timbre" set of BAs for your fronts or scrap the BA center and buy three speakers of the same brand, 2 fronts and a "matching" center.

At that point, it's nice to have matching "timbre" rears but not critical. You could use just about anything else for rears but you're going to want to keep similar sounding speakers there.

As Ed said, (and Ed helped talk me into my HT set-up I might add), you probably don't want to put a really bright forward set of rears in with laid back fronts or vice versa.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us