Overwhelmed with AV receiver options, any advice?

Username: Carljn

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I have a Panasonic LCD TV that is mounted on the wall and has about 20 A/V cables going into it. Which doesn't look so nice. I have started looking into getting a new AV receiver that can handle everything. I also have some AV cables split to go into the basement TV, a Sony Rear Projection TV.

Some of the receivers I've been looking at are the Yamaha HTR-5860, and the Pioneer VSX-1015TX each around $450. The LCD TV does do HDMI, so I'm also considering splurging for the Denon AVR-2807.

I currently have a regular Denon Stereo and an old Sony Surround Sound Stereo which only does composite AV. I like the Sony but its just out of date. Should I consider the new Sony Receivers like the DG800 or DE989? The Denon also has worked well, but it was not made to handle video.

Any suggestions? Things I need to consider. As a minimum my new system needs to handle 2 S-video out. I'd love to have the two zone video switching of the Denon, but for that price I could get two new receivers.

Thanks,
Carl

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7772
You can also wait for the Pioneer VSX-1016 to come out. It will replace the 1015, but with HDMI.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us