Nad 320 BEE + JMLab 714

Username: Fractal

Post Number: 1
Hi,
i'm going to buy a NAD 320 BEE amplifier and i'd likely go to match it with JM Lab Chorus 714 s. Someone has tried this? Is the Nad capable to drive them properly?

Username: Audioc

Post Number: 8
My apologies Alfio for not answering your question - but I thought this may be the most appropriate place to ask another, related question - what about the NAD320BEE and JM Labs Chorus 707S? Accounting for personal taste in regards to sound - any opinions out there in terms of how the JM Labs sound? An appropriate match to the NAD?

I'm also thinking of the B&W 601 S3.

Thanks!

Post Number: 2
I don't know about the 707 s, basically because i want floorstand speaker. To be honest i haven't had a chance to hear the Nad+JM Lab matching but i have read different good opinions about this match and both Nad and JM Lab have a very strong reputation in their area of competence. That's why i posted here, hoping for some further advice. Another speaker i was thinking of was Monitor Audio B4. Actually i have a (18 years old) Marantz amp + Indiana Line speakers (borrowed from a friend because mine broke) but i want to have some new flesh in tha house!

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1346
No problem for a 320BEE to drive the 707S. Might be a bit of a tall ask to drive the 714S. The 352 would have no problem whatsoever. The 320BEE would struggle at volume.

Regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 3
Are u sure about the 714s? They are not that bik speakers, and are 91 db. What other floorstanders would you suggest?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1349
Although they're 91db, they're also 4 ohm. They're not that difficult to drive but the 320BEE is an entry level amplifier. It'll be fine so long as you don't expect party levels from it.

Regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 4
It's 8 ohm not 4. By the way, someone knows if the 714 have rear or front bass reflex? By looking at the pictures it seems front mounted but maybe there's also some rear reflex....

Username: Notec

Post Number: 2
alfio - Just picked up JM Labs Chorus 714 S paired with my NAD320BEE. Sweet sound (only 5 hours into break-in period.) Spec-wise I think you're right about the MAD 352's driving them better and am thinking of trading up to that amp. Thinking. But really, the 320BEE seems to being doing *very* well with the various types of music I've listened to so far (ROCK: Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt) just an incredible sound stage.

The 714S have a front mounted bass reflex.

Post Number: 5
I ended up buying the JMLab Chorus 706 S. I finaly had to realize that this was the best choice for my small room. The 707 S would have been a good choice too but they are a really big,big bookshelf. Actually I'm still using them with my old Marantz amp and the JMLab/Marantz match seems a good one. However I'm still waiting for the 706 to completely break in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us