Question for Hawk

Username: Daltex1981

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 2
Hello Hawk, I doubt you remember me but my name is Sarandon and I wanted to know if you have heard from the real elitefan? I have some great news for him since i switch receiver brands.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7628
Not Hawk but...Hello Sarandon...haven't read from you in a while. How have you been?

I have not heard from the realelitefan...he expressed disgust at the way the forum was heading a while back. The various trolls that came about was really disruptive and he has not posted back.

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3
Hey Berny it is nice to hear from you again!!! I want to tell the Real Elitefan that I bought a Pioneer VSX-1015 from best buy and it is an AWESOME RECEIVER!!! I know I use to push the Yammie a lot before but ever since I needed much more power and the Yamaha RX-V440 just did not cut it any much longer, I decided to either go with another brand. I always wanted to try Denon or the Pioneer Elite receivers, but they were too much. So I settled on the 1015 and never looked back!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7639
ah yes, those were fun discussions. Things have changed...but we'll see, since the board now requires registration.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7640
Maybe you'll have a say about the Pioneer, when the need arises:-)

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 850
Sarandon:

No, I have not heard from realelitefan for some time. However, whether by design or pure luck, you managed to get yourself a Pioneer Elite receiver, and I think you made a good trade up. That Pioneer, and only that Pioneer, is really the same model as the lowest end Pioneer Elite model. What makes it so good is that, like the Elite line, it has a quality power supply and will produce its rated power. It also has the better output transistors than the rest of the Pioneer line, so even though the box doesn't say "Elite", that is what you got for all intents and purposes.

BTW, what speakers are you running with it?

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4
well I have def tech bp-6 for the mains, a polk audio csi30 center channel, cambridge soundworks s-100 for the rear surrounds and a AR PR808 subwoofer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us