Best Speakers for DJ or KJ

Username: Terrirae

Post Number: 1
I am new to the DJ biz and I am not having very good results from the peavy speakers i have now. I was looking into purchasing the PAS from Bose but after reading this forum I am a little confused. Can anyone out there give me a little info? What should I do I hate what I have now I dont know if its the speakers or the way I have things set up? I have tried adjusting the EQ several times and nothing seems to make it sound any better. Help!

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1502
I've DJ'ed in the past using Klipsch La Scala speakers. They are rugged and so efficient that you can fill a large room with sound without that much amplification. I was using a 120W per channel power amp at the time.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3147
Peter, good to hear from you again. I hope you are well.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7605
What results are you having? What is it that you want the speakers to do and what kind of sound are you looking for? What amps are you using to power them?

I ask these questions because you wrote that you are new to the DJ business. If that is the case, you are probably listening for a certain sound akin to what you have heard at home, and perhaps you maybe a little too critical of them.

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1007
the PAS is a piece of sh!t. The SQ is like a large acoustimass system. You will not be able to get it to sound any better just because of the limitations of the speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1503
Thanks Art. Doing okay. Hope you are well too.

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7609
Bose PAS is not for DJ work. If you like listening to yourself in your own room, it is perfect:-)
If you really want Bose, check out the 802 professional system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us