Marantz SR 7500 or Outlaw 1070

Username: Radman

Post Number: 1
I currently have a Marantz SR 7000 paired with Mirage Omnisats and while I like the sound of the combo, I just have a serious case of upgrade-itis.I was just curious as to which recever would match better with the omnisats, the Marantz or the Outlaw? How would the Outlaw be different in sound than the Marantz? This combo would be used for 80% movie and 20% music.

Bronze Member
Username: Uback007

Post Number: 56
Outlaw. Bright, but not too bright... I have read nothing but great reviews
They say the Outlaw is worth double it's asking price.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3890
radman,

for 80% movie use with Omnisats I seriously doubt you'd hear much of an improvement going to Outlaw.

I'd put the money into a killer sub instead, for your uses.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 847
radman:

The Outlaw has a pretty forward, yet cool sound. Your Marantz is warmer, and a tad laid back. Given your Mirage speakers which are very bright sounding, I think the Outlaw would be a step back--it has less power and it will make your Mirage speakers sound bright and a bit harsh. I agree with Edster--get a killer sub, or change your speakers if you want to upgrade. BTW, how big is your room?

Username: Radman

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your replies. No chance for speaker upgrade (WAF) and the room is 12x13. I have a Mirage Omni S-10 sub that does fill the room pretty well. I know that it's not an SVS or HSU, but it does seem to do the job fairly well. I guess that I'll stick with Marantz. I was just looking to get the latest and greatest in newer surround modes as the receiver that I have does not have PLII, NEO 6, 7.1, etc... . Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us