Bookshelves + sub

Username: Jbs2k6

Knoxville, Tennessee USA

Post Number: 5
Hi, I currently have a Harman Kardon 3380 (80w x2 rms) receiver with a pair of Athena AS-B1s. This receiver, to my knowledge has a subwoofer out jack but no active sub crossover (what's the point of that?). Anyway, I can only use this sub with a sub with line level high pass crossover right (optimally)? I found such a model, the Velodyne DLS-3500 and it has a cool remote (BIG PLUS haha). I can get it for about 300 on ebay. Is this a good buy?, I don't like wasting money (or cone excursion). Also, would a 10" be more appropriate for these bookshelves (obviously this is like 80 music/20 other junk)

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3827
any half-decent sub will have its own internal crossover, which you have the option of turning on or off.

Remote control on a sub is an attractive feature, though if you know what you're doing you should be able to calibrate the sub once and just leave it at exactly that level the rest of the time.

For $300 + shipping, instead of the Velo I'd get a b-stock Hsu STF-2 direct from hsuresearch.com --- great all around sub for music as well as movies and yes it's 10".

Bronze Member
Username: Kinggimp82

Post Number: 38
i agree,

id go with the hsu STF-2. I own one and like how it sounds more and more every day. Music sounds great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us