Adire Audio Muse

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 889
Visited my buddy Dan at Adire Audio and spent some time listening to his Muse system.
This is a pair of two way stand mount monitors using a 6" XBL^2 woofer and proprietary ribbon tweeter.
They are powered by a 4 channel Class D amplifier and active crossover all contained in one box. Each channel contains a UCD180 amplifier circuit for a total of 360 watts per channel.
Source was a SqueezeBox with a wireless connection to a computer containing music files ripped 1 to 1.
Frequency response is +/-1.5db from 30Hz to 20kHz anechoic and in-room bass response reaches 21 Hz. Truly amazing for a 6" driver. They play anything and everything and were easily the equal of any 5 figure system I've heard.
Total system cost was about $6800.
Dan designed them for CES back in January and they've been on tour at several recording studios around the country since then which is why I haven't heard them until now.
A real treat.

Silver Member

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 890
Oops.
The amp has 180 watts per channel for a total of 360 watts to each speaker.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2189
Is your friend planning to market the system, and at what cost, now that you spilled the beans about the $6800,Tim?
Was the pc a mule or a new/faster machine?

How much heat from the amp?

Silver Member

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 891
The system is available for sale although anyone that is seriously interested would have to contact Dan directly. Adire Audio doesn't market anything with the Adire brand anymore except for a limited line of car subwoofers. Adire's primary business is design and engineering. Everything else is licensed.
The PC was actually a newer Dell laptop.
The amp produced very little heat. D class amps are typically very efficient.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us