Dolby Digital From Dish Network HD Receiver

Username: Wade123

Post Number: 2
I have a kenwood surround/amp with DTS and Dolby Digital. When using a digital connection from DVD player, the appropriate (DTS/Dolby) light will come one to let me know it is receiving the signal. I have an HD receiver from Dish Network and have it hooked to my HD projection TV via HDMI. I have an optical cable out of the TV to the surround amp but the Dolby light does not light even when programming says it is Dolby. The fucntionality is turned on in my reciever. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 911
Check the set-up menu of your Sat. top box, the Motorola DCT I have requires you to activate dolby digital. Another possibility is the audio is not making it through the HDMI--> Optical connection of the tv, hooking the optical connection directly from the Sat. box to the receiver may fix the problem provided the Dish Network box can output HDMI as well as optical/coax.

Username: Wade123

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the info. I did activate the Dolby audio function in the STB. I would hook it directly to the receiver but then I wouldn't have a way to connect my DVD with a digital connection. I'm supposed to be able to get Dolby info in the audio menu of my TV but it won't come up...says it will only be available with digital signal which I'm supposed to be getting with Dish...strange. Thanks again!

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 913
I don't quite understand how you are out of inputs on your receiver. Instead of hooking the TV to the receiver, hook the STB directly to the receiver. If you are out of optical or coax inputs you can buy a Opt/coax converter or vise versa.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us