Wharfedale Opus, any comments?

Bronze Member
Username: Ravbains

MelbourneAustralia

Post Number: 29
Hi all,

I am taking my Avi lab series amp to some local dealerships at the weekend, to audition speakers.

One dealer has Dynaudio Focus range. I love Dyn's, but I have been somewhat spoiled since I have only listened to the Contour S1.3 Se, the Special 25, and the Contour S1.4 to date. I have been very impressed from all that I have heard from Dynaudio. Actually the Melbourne Dynaudio dealer made some very disparaging remarks about my JVC XL-Z1050TN CD player (he said do not bring it to the store!!), and I was most upset, this guy needs a lesson in manners. Nonetheless I am very curious to hear the Focus, so I will still go along. But these fools will not get one red cent of my money.

The second dealer that I shall be visiting has both Paradigm, and Wharfedale Opus range. Although the Opus 3 is kind of out of my price range, I will be interested to see if my AVi amplifier can manage to drive the Opus 3 successfully.

I am just curious, have any of you guys listened to the Wharfedale Opus range, any thoughts???

cheers
Rav

P.S. Happy Easter to all.......

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 955
read the post reguarding the wharfedale opus speakers a little farther down the page of thread links!

it is very irritating when people post topics that have already been covered extensively, such as this one, and the thread is only roughly 5 topics behind this one.

please do your research before posting.

Silver Member
Username: Eld

Texas

Post Number: 149
Happy Easter, Ravinder.

Good luck on your speaker hunt.

Bronze Member
Username: Ravbains

MelbourneAustralia

Post Number: 32
Hi Gavin,

yes guilty as charged....

I noticed the Opus thread two seconds after I posted -doh!!!

my apologies, and thanks for the info on the Opus
Rav

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 958
I apologise for snapping like that...im not usually like that...

welcome to the forum :-)

its just that those of us that stick around for any legnth of time (hope you will become one of them) usually ignore them, but I wanted to point you in the right direction, and lately I have been getting sick of seeing such posts.

Stick around, and my apologies again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us