Receiver Recomendation

Username: Millerman

Post Number: 4
Hello everybody, I was hoping someone could give me a recomendation for a new receiver for my current setup. My current speakers consist's of Boston Acoustics VR970 towers, VR12 center channel, VRS surround speakers, and a SVS PB12-Plus/2 subwoofer. I use my system for about 80% home theater and 20% music. Two features that I'm really looking for in the receiver is that it has HDMI connections and a setup microphone. The price range I have is about $1200. The receivers I have been considering is the Denon AVR-3806, Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXvi and the Yamaha RX-V2600. Will one of these receivers work/sound better than the others with the Boston Acoustic speakers? Or maybe you may have a different recomendation. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2127
http://www.outlawaudio.com/index.html

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 814
Millerman:

The only receiver on your list I would recommend is the Pioneer Elite. It is an honest receiver in that it will deliver its rated power across all channels, unlike the Denon or Yamaha. I have to disagree with Nuck here as the Outlaw is too forward sounding for your speakers. Those Boston's have a hot top end thanks to their tweeter, and a forward sounding receiver will make the system sound cold and clinical (think fingernails across a chalkboard). Can cause audio fatigue, etc. Nope, you need a warm, laid back sounding receiver just like a Pioneer Elite.

I would also recommend you check out a Harman/Kardon--another fine receiver with good honest power and a warm, laid back sound. It is also a great combo with your speakers.

Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us