SACD Surround vs. Multichannel

Username: Peter07

Post Number: 5
I have three SACDs -- Ultimate Collection by Marvin Gaye, Every Breath You Take: The Classics by the Police and Time Out by Dave Brubeck. I am not getting any sound from my rear speakers when I play them though I have it hooked up analog to my home theater system. I hear that SACD surround is different from multi-channel, so is anything wrong here?

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 523
If you have a multichannel SACD player then you should know that you need to adjust all speakers to the same level (75db - 85db) and use the external analogue swich/connections on your receiver. You player manual should show the way.

And be sure to set the SACD multichannel switch to the 'on' position.

Username: Peter07

Post Number: 6
I did the connection right and had my player set to the multi-channel position. Adjusting the speakers, hmm, I haven't done that but I hear SACD isn't like DTS CD in that it's not necessarily 5.1 surround.

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 525
You are right - not all multichannel SACD's are 5.1, but I have the same Police SACD and that is definitely 5.1 with plenty of rear channel sounds. I Have Dave Brubeck's Time Out and it has little rear channel sound (try putting your ear against the rears). I wouldn't be surprised if the Marvin Gaye title was similar. Sometimes the rears are only used for ambient sounds. But if your setup was right - you should hear the Police SACD in full 5.1 so I can't really suggest any more than recapping over all your set-up options. Good Luck and btw, I use the same set-up for DTS and DD surround though there are other variations some people use.

Username: Bichote

Post Number: 1
Anyone that have the code to change region DVD player for SANYO DWM-450, I really apreciate your help. Thank you. My e-mail is bichotes@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 556
Robert - click on DVD players and post your question there instead of hijacking Peter's thread.

Bronze Member
Username: Logos

Kopavogur, IS Iceland

Post Number: 20
I would definetly check if the cables are all the way in. After I bought my new reiceiver and pluged in the new cables I bought I had to disconnect and reconnect the cables a couple of time to get good connections. There was nothing wrong with the Reciever or the player, the cables were just to NEW and didn't get good connection.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us