How do i convert my car amp and sub for home use? and how do i connect it to my music player?


New member
Username: Beohthram

Post Number: 1
Registered: Apr-06
hi, i want to convert my car amp and sub to be used in my home. my sub is 500 watts, and i have an amp of 250 watts and an amp of 500. i am happy to use either. now what exactly should i be looking to do? i know i will need an ac/dc convertor like on my pc has, but what size should i get? also, how do i go about connecting my music player (music player being cd player/pc/etc) to the actual amp? if anyone could explain this in simple lamens terms i would be grateful. ive been reading these threads for the past week, and im still not quite sure what to do, although i think i am starting to pick some stuff up!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2109
Registered: Dec-04
Ben, this is so old.
Just buy Home Audio.
I understand that you are into the tinkering thing and may be $ limited, I really do.
Just look into a good stereo shop and check out the used products.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7389
Registered: Dec-03
Do not waste your money trying to convert car audio to home audio. It is not worth the effort and it just looks way ghetto. The sound is not something to admire no matter how good you think it works for your car. Save your time, effort and money and get a receiver. Sell your old equipment and put it towards your home gear.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us