Minipod Speakers - What amp to go with?

Username: Chimaera777

LondonUnited Kingdom

Post Number: 1
Hi guys and gals,

This is my first post and I've read alot of great audio advice on this forum, and I'm hoping perhaps some of you could offer some "sound advice" for a complete newbie to hifi.

I recently got a pair of Minipod speakers which I absolutely love for my start-up set, along with a Cambridge Audio 540a Amplifier to go along with it.

I gotta admit, I love the REGA Brio amp (and considering ROTEL as well) but I'm not sure if it would work well with my speakers. So far the perfomance on my system is pretty alright (pretty decent bass I think from such small speakers). I listen to a wide range of music, especially Chopin. My current set-up doesn't seem to play Chopin (or piano music) very well. The notes seem rather "muddied" and not as clear as I'd like it to be. I wonder why that is the case.

I'm hoping to get a REGA P3 turntable in due course, and wonder if its a good idea to get another amp instead of the 540a. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Also, while listening to the track "Hello" by Evanescence I found that my left speaker emits a hissing sound. I changed the speakers over and the problem was still there. I suspect it might have something to do with the left channel on my amp instead? The speakers are fine playing other music except for this particular track.

Hope I've managed to include as much information as possible. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing your suggestions! :-)

Username: Chimaera777

LondonUnited Kingdom

Post Number: 2
no one have any ideas? :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us