Sansui SC-3110 ... Worth Restoring ... ?

Username: Blazingarrow74

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 7
Hey everyone ... I have recently been looking for a replacement deck that can handle the recording and playback of Metal (Type IV) Cassette Tapes ... I currently have a Pioneer model, a recent one, and it was suggeseted to me that the Pioneer would not be able to take advantage of the increased dynamic clarity and range provided when using metal ...

I have in my possesion a non-working Sansui Model SC-3110. The circuits are fine, but the cassette motors do not turn ... I'm not sure of it's age, but it should be no older than 35 years old ... Does anyone know about this brand/model ... is this a deck worth getting fixed? OR would I be better off getting another deck for my purposes?

Also ... I was told that there is a huge supply of used, high-quality cassette-tape decks in the market ... does anyone know an non-ebay source for them? ... Thanks a lot people ...

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8198

Get another deck.

Username: Lil_snotnosed_tommy

Ramsey, IL USA

Post Number: 2
I restored a 3110, you won't find a better one...if the motors are shot you'll HAVE to get on ebay and get a donor, mine just needed belts...these were the best of the best

Username: Baefam

Post Number: 1
I have SC-3110 having problem, melt down rubber on tape drive.
Anyone knows how can I get part or fixed ?}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us