Bad experience with this store....

Bronze Member
Username: Dfantom32

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 79
Sorry guys for writing in this forum...I just wanted to share my bad experience with the salesguy and the store.

The reason why I sharing this is because when I bought my speakers Audience 72SE and Focus 122C, I only get the 72SE's not the Focus 122C 'coz they just found out they dont have on stock, so they told me that it will take 5-10 business days so I waited till the 10th day but there's no call from the salesguy...I called him and follow up my order then he said that its a back order and for some reason he kinda make me believe on this and he gave me a date which is 5th of April..still nothing so I decided to dispute the transaction and get the money back. The main thing that I'm very mad or pissed is he never call me and give me some info on my order, instead I'm the one who needs to call. I think its my fault 'coz I give him a chance with it maybe this time I will know what to do if I encounter this again.
If some people here lives in OC in CA dont buy stuff in DIGITAL EAR from Tustin.

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Eld

Texas

Post Number: 134
Sorry to hear about your experience, Adrian.
Did you talk to the store manager? They usually can help, and it will help tip the manager in on a bad salesperson.

After talking to the store manager and you haven't gotten any positive result, don't forget to report the store to your Better Business Bureau and Dynaudio in addition to contesting the sales.

If you are talking about the 122C, that is the Audience center, the Focus center is the 200C.

Good luck, bud.

Bronze Member

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 80
sorry for my late response Eld...oh yes it's Focus 200C that I bought. Well regarding to the store manager it seems that he's favor with his guy that the reason of the item not getting in the right time and date 'coz it's a back order. Which is nonsense if they really concern to the customer they should follow up and letting the customer what's the status unless they afraid of losing the sales.

Oh yes I will report it to the BBB and inform Dynaudio on this.

Anyway, luckily there's another store that has it so i bought it from that store. :-):-):-)

So how's your system??? I'm pretty sure it sounds good right now after burning in huh? So far I'm happy with my system eventhough I dont have the center yet but at least I can still play music....hehehe Actually I'm kinda tempting of getting an amps but I think I better hold on to it...but just letting you know that I did test with Rotel RMB-1075 with 72se's oh man it sounds great...the soundstage is big and the low's, mids & highs are coming out with detail. Specially when it played the acoustics and a couple of hip-hop song oh man fully detailed (for me). :-):-):-) That's why I'm almost get an amp because of that experience. Now I remember that someone told me that the Journey is just started...hehehe :-):-):-)

Oh well, let see...hehehe

:-):-):-)

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 138
Adrian,

Glad to hear you have another Dynaudio dealer nearby. :-) I don't understand why the other store would let a value customer walk out the door, not like the client polpulation for Hi-Fi is huge.

The 82s are breaking in nicely. My wife wonders how I can listen to them all day, at least on weekends. :-) I'm looking at the Focus 200C too. I think it works better for surround music and almost as good in HT as Audience 122C. I'm looking into building a DIY peerless sub (sealed) to supplement the system for fun. :-)

The Rotel 1075 amp is a beast! I think it's even bigger than your Marantz receiver. It sure has nice dynamic power capability and headroom to take full advantage of our 4 ohms speaker dynamic speed. I'm a little surprise that your SR8200 Marantz lack of performance is that noticable compare to the Rotel. Did you check the Rotel in your system or at a dealer? The 72SE sure hits hard, clean and fast with the right amp behind it.

I think Bvan said that all is well that ends well. I think it's very applicable here. :-)

Happy listening and keep us updated on the how the 72SE breaks in.

Cheers.

Bronze Member

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 81
Eld,

Well, I did tested in the retail with rotel processor (rsp-1068) with amps (rmb-1075)...yup,it's nice combination with the Dyns, and also it has more juice to punch more the 72se's.

Oh nice to hear that your system is getting better & better and specially if your done doing your diy subs. Really your looking for focus200c also...thats good!

Anyway, I will let you know whats going on with my system.

Thanks!
:-):-):-)

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2106
Elderion, the 1075 is a beast, sounds about right.
I have the 985, and 'headroom' is a non-issue.
I really cannot suggest the Rotel enough for anyone with difficult speakers(mine have proven to be difficult).

Bronze Member
Username: T2t

Post Number: 16
If you received bad service, you should have returned the speakers to the store. Then, gave your business to the other dealer. That's what I would have done - provided, there were no restocking fees involved.

Bronze Member

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 82
T2T,

I agree with you I wish I think about that ahead of time but its already 24 days (almost a month) and I'm beginning to love my mains & receiver anyway... lucky I didnt buy the rest of the stuff and I did it oh man...it will be disaster for me.

:-):-):-):-)

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 139
Adrian,

Things usually sound better at the dealer due to all the added stuff you are not seeing in the demo room (probably $10k of stuff to support the sound experience). See if you can borrow a demo Rotel 1075 for a day or two and listen to it on your home system. Dyns are very revealing of the source, so make sure your CD player is up to par and interconnects and speaker cables are all good quality. Speaker wire should be 12 gauge min., since 4 ohms speaker can draw a lot of current.

Nuck,

I like to look at our 4 ohms speakers as easy to drive, just hard to please. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us