Need help setting Crossover

Username: Dglass

Post Number: 3
I have a Harman Kardon AVR-135 and I am trying to set all the levels to my liking, but I can't find where to change the crossover frequency in the setup menu. The crossover seems to low, and my sub is putting out too much sound.

Thanks,
Dan

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 438
Daniel: what do you have the front speakers set to? If you have them set to "small" you cannot set the crossover. You may also want to change the "bass management" to independent to get more control.

What brand and model are your front L/C/R speakers? Do you know their specifications?

Username: Dglass

Post Number: 4
Thanks geekboy

My fronts are Wharfedale Cr-40s and my center is the matching center channel. The specs for the fronts are as follows:

Drivers: (1) 1" textile dome tweeter; (1) 6.5" Hot Compacted Woven Polypropylene (HCWPP) midrange/woofer; (1) 6.5" Hot Compacted Woven Polypropylene (HCWPP) woofer

Frequency Response: 30Hz - 20kHz

Sensitivity: 86dB

Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms

Recommended Amplifier Power: 30 - 150 watts

The center specs are:

Drivers: (1) 1" textile dome tweeter; (2) 4" Hot Compacted Woven Polypropylene (HCWPP) woofers

Frequency Response: 60Hz - 20kHz

Sensitivity: 86dB

Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms

Recommended Amplifier Power: 25 - 100 watts

I hope this helps the diagnostic. Thanks for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 903
The crossover adjustment for the HK receivers is only available in the on screen menu.

I'm not sure if the AVR135 has an adjustable cross-over, I think it is static at 80Hz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us