Experts

Bronze Member
Username: Bobha

Post Number: 14
Hi Guys,
For all of you Expert out here

There a lot of unanswered quetions that could really use your expertise at www.fixya.com.
You can help a lot of people by answering some of them.

10x

Username: Bub12

Bville, WV USA

Post Number: 3
I need advice and maybe a wiring diagram to hook-up the following: Pioneer VSX-D814 Receiver, TV, Combo Phillips DVD/VCR Player, Dish Network Satallite Receiver, and a Sony PS2 Game System, and "Dual" (brand name) surround sound speaker system (dolby digital 5.1 surround sound) - 4 small speakers, 1 center channel, and 1 subwoofer. I want to be able to listen to sound for all of the above systems through the TV speakers, but also be able to listen through the surround sound speakers whenever I turn on the Receiver. I can't get any audio, and I'm not completely sure that I even have it hooked up right? I don't know what connections I need or anything. Can someone please help? Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Ravbains

MelbourneAustralia

Post Number: 13
Hi Andy,

I am strictly a stereo guy, not a home theatre guy.

But I did a quick google. Perhaps you can find some help on the link below.

http://hometheater.about.com/od/hometheaterbasicsfaq/a/hometheaterfaq.htm

Also I found this diagram on the web too:

application/pdfUpload
set_up_chart_full768-123372.pdf (99.8 k)

cheers
Rav

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 100
if your reciever has the ability to switch the video input on your tv, its pretty easy. what i mean is, each one of your video equipment would hook up to the reciever first, then one set of audio/video wires from the receiver to the tv. the way it would work is when you change lets say from DVD mode on the reciever to PS2 mode, the video would change on the tv screen from the dvd to the PS2. when you have all that hooked up, you should b able to hear all of your audio through either the reciever speakers or the tv. lemme know how that goes. (i have it hooked up that same way in my own 2 systems.) there is one draw back though, in order to see anything at all on the tv, you must have the reciever on and on the mode you want to see on the tv.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us