Nad c160

Bronze Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 26
Hello people, I would like to hear some feedback concerning the nad c160.. I have heard much positive feedback and simply want to hear either more to reinforce what I have heard or perhaps some negative to put my current viewpoint in perspective... I am considering purchasing the nad c372 but since this will be my last stereo purchase for awhile I am willing to spend some more for the separates... The nad c160 is identical to the 162 except for cosmetics and I have heard from several sources that the separates will produce better sound... Any feedback will be appreciated..I would match the c160 with the c272 by the way...

Unregistered guest
About a year ago I upgraded my 10-year old stuff with an almost all-NAD system (C-270 amp, C-160 preamp, C-541i CD player, kept my old Luxman T-111 tuner which works just fine here in downtown Chicago and my Linn Axis turntable). I also bought the V.3 model of Paradigm Reference 60 speakers. Cobalt speaker cable. Audioquest Jade audio cables. This stuff is for my office which is in a 20' x 20' room. Lots of bookcases, file cabinets, desk, credenzas, etc. Carpeted. Sofa.

The result? If there's better sound, my ears can't tell. I turn 60 in a month, and I don't expect I'll be upgrading this system.

What part do the NAD separates play? Damned if I can tell. But like I said, this particular configuration has made me very, very happy for the past year.

Cordially,

-Jerry-

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1163
generally seperates will be the better way to go.

as seperating the power supplies of the two pieces
is generally a better thing then having both units sharing
the power supply.

Bronze Member
Username: Danman

Post Number: 25
KEGGER is right. I am surprised you cannot tell a diference in sound however you did not specify what you replaced. As long as you are happy which you seem to be.

Tim Huynh
Unregistered guest
Need help on C160. I'm not sure what to get:

C160 brand new or Accuphase C-222 second hand pre amp. The Accuphase like 15 yrs old and is 150 bucks more expensive.

I have a threshold SA/3 power and B&W 603s3 speakers. Appreciate any advise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us