Amplifier for Quad L series home theater

Username: Beppeg

Post Number: 1
I have just purchase a 4 Quad 21l + 1 Quad center to use as home theater. Is anybody able to advise me on which amplifier to use?
Thanks in advance!

Bronze Member
Username: Ravbains

MelbourneAustralia

Post Number: 14
Hi Giuseppe,

nice speakers!! I have never heard the Quad L series, but they certainly look very pretty (nice cabinet finishes and impressive carbon weave drivers).

I don't know what your budget is, and in fact I don't know much about HT amps at all, but my friends tell me that Denon make good home theatre amps.

Here is one from my local dealer, but it seems a bit expensive. But since you have the Quad's I figure you are a man with deep pockets ;-)

http://www.carltonaudiovisual.com.au/?q=node/view/433

cheers
Rav

Username: Beppeg

Post Number: 2
Thank you Rav for your reply.

I am very happy with the Quad, as they sound very well, and they are also a very nice piece of furniture with thier "piano" finishing.

I also heard that Denon has a very good reputation, and I very like the model you suggested me.

In fact, I am not able to choose between the AVR 3806 and the Onkyo TX-SR803E.

Is anybody able to help me?

PS.
I wish I had deep pockets, so that I would not have to warry about making a mistake! :-)

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 767
giuseppe:

I would opt for the Marantz SR7500 if I could afford it, the Marantz SR5600 if I could not. I would also look into the Cambridge Azur 540R receiver, as well for those speakers.

I hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us