NAD 521i cdp hassles

Username: Fac51

Post Number: 1
just had a look at other posts and i have similar problems ... my player is having trouble locating tracks on cd's .. both cd-r's and prerecorded .. not all but some ... at times it will take an absolute age locating tracks when the cd is first inserted, or when you skip a track, you can hear clicking inside the player as i presume it struggles to locate the tracks ... occasionally the sound is badly distorted too .. does anyone have an idea what the problem could be ? it is now past its warranty period and used to work flawlessly, have tried a lens cleaner to no avail ... so if anyone knows of a good dealer/ repairer here in the UK i would be much obliged
cheers in advance

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 353
Sounds like the transport/laser is packing up. You could send it for service if you don't want to buy a new player, at least get a quote for repair. In the UK I would send it to Lensbrook, they are the official Nad UK distributors and service agents. Email them at info@lenbrook.co.uk

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 152
Hey mr king, on a non cdp note, do you know nad is coming out with a dab tuner?

Silver Member

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 354
Hey indeed Mr Unbridled, no I didn't! I'll be interested so long as it's a classic series price. I could do with another DAB tuner after my Cambridge Audio escapades a while back. Do you have any info?

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 153
google nad c445 ...

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 154
Actually I saw it at a couple of places in the U.K, and if i remember correctly it appeared to cost double the c422 !

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 155
What were your cambridge audio issues ?
How would you compare nad to cambridge sound and quality wise ?

Silver Member

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 355
Cambridge Audio gave me a lot of repair issues on brand new kit. I gave up in the end. The sound is ok and the exterior build quality but I had problems with the insides! It wasn't an isolated incident either, it happened with two pieces of equipment less than 6 months old. Perhaps I was just unlucky but I won't be using that brand again. I will look into that Nad dab tuner.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us