B&W Series 200 V202 or Paradigms 5Se

Username: Skylinegtr

Post Number: 3
Hi everyone, i know this is the place for sound. I have a dilema between which speakers to keep. I have the above speakers which i like both of them. Can you guys tell me which one is more worth it to keep. I like paradigms cause of its build quality but the B&W sounds just as good without the weight. THANKS!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2887
I'm a big Paradigm fan but I would say to keep the ones you like the best. Not much help I know but that's my 2 cents.

Username: Skylinegtr

Post Number: 4
I agree. I am also a big paradigm fan. The build/quality is amazing. I guess i will keep the Paradigms since both speakers almost sound the same to me. The paradigms feel solid unlike the BW which feel flimsy...thats the old B&Ws... Thanks for your reply.

Bronze Member
Username: Basicaudio

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 21
you should sell them both and get yourself some THEATER RESEARCH OR DOGG DIGITAL, kidding!
both companies are fine companies. I like paradigm subs myself. don't have enough experience with their mains. i know they make excellent subs.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 848
Paradigm subs are horrid except for the upper end stuff.

I wouldn't buy another PDR sub, and DEFINATLY wouldn't buy the PW (think thats the non bandpass) subs. The 10 inch bandpass is actually pretty good, but the subs don't start to excel until you get up to the seismic and servo-15.

Bronze Member
Username: Basicaudio

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 24
I agree, paradigms high end stuff which i was referring to. You can pretty much say that about many manufacturers of high end gear that compete with manufacturers of mid grade mass market companies. They have to cut corners too in their manufacturing process economically like everybody else, so the better qualitied ones you'd have to pay more. Not everybody is BOSE,bang & olufsen, nakamichi which overprice just about every product!

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 858
jim,

paradigm speakers however, offer great performance in all price ranges. The monitor 5 is an amazing speaker for its price, with a good, stable image and decent bass to boot. The monitor 7 has a little resonance, but the bass goes deeper, and is more forceful.

The studio series is outstanding, and the signature.... well they are a true high end design that will perform above and beyond their respective price range. The signature s2 monitor is one of my favorite monitors, reguardless of price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us