Yamaha RX-V357 and Onkyo HT-S580

Bronze Member
Username: Siva_19742002

Post Number: 20
Hi all,
After seeing demos of various home theater systems, i finally end up with two choices , yamaha RX-V357 and Onkyo HT-S580. I need help in deciding which to buy in terms of performance ,features and sound quality.
Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3729
At that low level, I'd just pick whichever one is cheaper.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1768
Or a Panasonic, it's all the same.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3735
or a Nuckster, LOL.

Bronze Member
Username: Diana_vargas

Post Number: 13
siva you might want to read my post in the "NAD T753" thread since you're looking for a low-cost receiver. And kindly ignore this Nuck loser.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1781
Hey, pick a price point, pick a unit, Diana!

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1782
If you are shopping on price, and asking about price/quality ratio, you might get a like-minded response in return.
HTIB has moved up in quality(though still low), but also in cost.
Likewise for receivers. Lower end stuff has creeped up a bit lately, at least near me, for anything that is worth considering.

Both the Onkyo and the Yamaha are at the value end of the gene pool, but not unworthy of consideration for a good owner.
Nor is the Panasonic 55, so long as the buyer is knowing what is in store, and has the speaker layout to accomodate each one.
Any of these three might be described as 'bright' from what I can discern, and have heard.
A neutral or bass/mid speaker could work well with any of these, as long as you have the space to place the speakers well away from the rear wall.
As opposed to a more bright speaker (klipch might fit into the price range) which will sit happily anywhere, but could be shrill.

The Yammy and the Onkyo both have good features, but pretty soon you will figgur out the 2 or 3 that you will use.
Keep these features/sounds in mind if, or when you get newer/different stuff in the future.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1783
Yeah, Ed/Diana and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...get a better hobby.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3737
bottom line, Siva: take our suggestions as you wish but let your own ears decide, certainly don't take anything from this Nuckhead as gospel LOL.

Bronze Member
Username: Siva_19742002

Post Number: 21
what does this surround programs means. in yamaha rxv357 it has 14 surround programs. whereas in onkyo hts580 no surround programs. so because of this different surround programs shall i take yamaha? and does this different surround programs really matters for a home theater system.
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 51
yamaha better processing imo. just get that end of search. ur not gonna get much outta a listen for urself approach as ur not going to get a discernable difference in sound quality. buy the yammy. if you spend too much time trying to figure out which one u like better, u may have saved up enuf for the yammy rx-v657, if so get that. EBAY PLZ
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us