Polk RTi6 vs. Axiom M3ti

Username: Cstrife90

Post Number: 3
After much searching, I have narrowed it down to two speaker systems: the POLK RTi6 and the Axiom M3ti. I will be using the system for 80 % music and 20 % movies. The speakers will be in a small size room. I am looking for a warm and clear sound, and do not want treble or bass that is fatiguing.

To be honest, I am not an audophile, but I do love music - especially Jazz, Classical, and Latin. In short, I will be playing music that flavorful and delicate - and I dont plan to blast it very loud. Please choose the one which would fit my needs nicely, and give me a rich, clear, and warm sound. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3726
between those 2 I'd choose the Polks.

Since you are open to Internet-direct speakers I would recommend the CBM-170SE from ascendacoustics.com

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 883
I own the M3ti's and I have heard some other models of Polk. If you want rich and clear you can stick with the Axiom, if you want warm, I'm not sure either one will work. Axiom has an aluminum (instead of paper or material) cone that makes the sound bright to some ears.

You may want to look into B&W or Paradigm. Edster could probably recommend Tim's speakers (Alegria) for this application too. Wouldn't you Edster?

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1042
I haven't personally heard the Axioms, but I've heard many times that they are bright. Everyone has different levels of how much is too much. I've heard Polks on a number of ocassions and haven't ever been impressed with them. While some sound good, I've always thought people could do a lot better for the same amount of money or a little less. Everyone's taste are different though.

I haven't heard the Ascends, but they have a strong following. Once again, I haven't heard the Alegria speakers either, but everything I've heard about them has been great.

If you are into the internet direct approach and don't want a bright speaker, I'd order the Ascends and Alegria, and return the ones you don't want. If you have enough room on your credit card, you could order all three. They've all got a money back if returned (minus shipping I believe) policy.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3728
Yes, I would've recommended the Alegria Emmas but at $600 a pair they seem well over the OP's budget if he's looking at the RTi6 and M3ti.

The Alegria Ling at $300/pr. is the right price but it's much less of a mass appeal speaker, so I don't generally recommend that one much.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us