Vpi Scout dust cover

Username: Recordfan

Post Number: 1
Hi guys. I remember some time ago there was someone looking for a reasonably priced dust cover for the VPI scout. I found somebody on the gon who makes them and they look pretty darn good (http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1147991757). If whoever was looking for one is still looking, go check it out.

Bronze Member
Username: Plato

Woodbury, NJ

Post Number: 36
Hi Hans. Well thanks for your post. I ordered a cover from that company and after it came it really looks good and a lot cheaper than the Gingko.
Thanks again!

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1356
Can I know more about this please? The link above has expired...

Thanks
Frank.
- who might be interested in a VPI...

Bronze Member

Woodbury, NJ

Post Number: 38
Frank, I just ran a search on audiogon and here is the new link:

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1151856749

I am really happy with the cover. So you are thinking of getting a VPI yourself?

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1358
Max,

I am about to replace my Michell Orbe. The easy choice is to replace it with another Orbe since I am very happy with that deck. however, I have never heard a VPI and I have convinced the local distributor to let me listen to the ScoutMaster which retails for similar money. He hasn't sent it over yet, but I imagine it won't be long.

Your cover is way too big for my purposes. My hutter rack is exactly 500x500 so the deck will only just fit and I'll need to thnk of some other solution.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Woodbury, NJ

Post Number: 39
Frank,
I'll be curious to know which table you choose. Please keep us updated.
Going back to the cover, I think that the ad says that you can get different sizes. I needed a tabletop so that's what I got, but he had plinth top and other stuff too.

Enjoy listening to those tables!

Username: Bigdaddy10

Post Number: 2
The cover looks nice, but it is big! For those of you with less space and a slightly larger budget, I would recommend the Ginkgo. I purchased a used Scout and it came with one - looks nice and fits snugly on top of the scout plinth, so the footprint is quite a bit smaller.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1396
Thanks people. I haven't heard the deck yet, but hope to do so in the next week or two. I looked on the net for the Ginkgo but all that comes up is the Biloba stuff.

Cheers,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1311
Frank -

http://www.gingkoaudio.com/

Click on dealers. They've got a few in Europe, but none in the UK. Maybe it'll help. Did you try "Gingko Audio" in a google search? Spelling it "Ginkgo" may have gotten you the undesirable results.

Post Number: 4
Here are a couple pics of my cover from Gingko.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Woodbury, NJ

Post Number: 40
Well, yes...but did you look at the price difference? Mine looks just as good, for half the price. I would rather put the savings in a couple of nice records. And, as I said before, plinth tops were available too.

Post Number: 5
Sorry - missed your ad about plinth models. Do you have any pics? Your table top cover looks fantastic - just bigger than what I would use (that was the only point in my reply). I was a bit disapointed with the fact the there are some bubbles captive in the glue joints on my Gingko.

If you have plinth models, by all means, please post a link! Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Bronze Member
Username: Lagomatic

Brisbane, Queensalnd Australia

Post Number: 20
Frank,

Would be very interested in your thoughts on the VPI Scout. I'm also looking to upgrade and can't seem to make my mind up between Rega P7, Mitchell Gyro SE & VPI Scout.

Thanks

John
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us