Outlaw Monoblock 200 questions

Username: Riffman

Post Number: 1
Considering the Outlaw Monoblock 200 amplifiers.

Will I lose the capability for SACD and DVD Audio if I connect the 200 (one each for left front and right front speaker)? As we all know, channels are plugged into receiver, output to amp's input, and speakers plugged into amp. Do I lose the information needed for SACD or DVD Audio through the connection to the amp?

Secondly, I have a NAD T743 (50W X 5, 70 X2) and feel it is weak in power. Will the two Outlaw Monoblocks (200 watts each), make my two Axiom M22s more dynamic and full sounding or is this a waste of money? Any bass or low tone improvement?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 502
SACD, DVD-Audio will not be lost...it will still be processed into the receiver and amplified using the Outlaws. I have the Outlaw 7100 and nothing is degraded. Awesome!

And yes, your Axioms will sound more dynamic overall.
cheers

Post Number: 2
Hi Berny, thanks for your response. I just called Outlaw and they recommended the 7100 (for better balance with the surrounds). They also said what you said - it would sound better and that I wouldn't lose the audio.

Anyone here have this product?

However, if I'm looking first for stereo improvement, they sound like a good option. Axioms can handle some serious wattage and I think it might best to piece to together that "serious wattage" over time. But, really, I don't think I know what I am talking about.

Silver Member

Post Number: 504
oh absolutely first rate improvement using the monoblocks. The wonderful thing about the Monoblocks is that you can buy 1 at a time until you have 5 or 6 depending on your set-up. If you want to improve your stereo, it is a good way to go. You are already playing it right! I'm working on getting 5 Monoblocks myself :-), I only have 2 at the moment, used their free shipping special, get 4 monoblocks at once and I think you get the 5th one for free!
have fun!

Post Number: 3
I just ordered them. I guess its worth a try more than anything else. I won't feel bad if I have to ship them back at my cost.

I'm hoping for three things:

1) Better stereo performance
2) Doesn't put my surround out of balance (ie higher watt fronts balancing with center and surrounds)

Do you think there are any surround sound issues with having a 50 X 5 NAD powering surrounds and center while the Mono's power the fronts?

Post Number: 4
um, actually just those two things : )

Silver Member

Post Number: 508
Yes, you will get better stereo performance and no, the surround speakers will not be out of balance. Just make sure that you re-do the speaker calibration and set-up.

cheers

Post Number: 5
Hey Berny, I saw in another thread that you were thinking of getting Axioms. What happened? Did you get them and if so, how do you like them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
I have the M60s, Rudy...awesome set, one of the better sets that I've owned. The detail and accuracy is amazing. I have it connected to the Outlaw 7100. Unbelievable in stereo!
I bet you are always on the lookout for the UPS truck until the Outlaws get there...

Post Number: 6
I have the M22s right now for fronts but I have just decided to trade them for M60s. As you said, the detail was amazing (like listening to headphones). All I have read indicates that the detail is the same on the M60s. Even Alan from Axiom told me this. The only thing about the M22s I didn't like was the shape (didn't feel comfortable with them on stands because of their higher center of gravity - we have animals in the house).

It may just work out that I get the Outlaws and the M60s on the same day. In that case, it will be one of the more glorious days I suppose. : )
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us