NAD pe 7400: repair or replace?

Username: Captsquid

Post Number: 1
Any thoughts about the nad 7400, are connectors and circuit boards going bad a common problem? Any recommendations on repacements? phono section is a must, $500 max. Was considering an integrated amp until I read of new Marantz sr 4320.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1692
Have yours gone bad?

Outlaw 2150.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 698
I would go with the NAD C320bee integrated (a good 60wpcwith a lot of headroom), and an outboard phono pre-amp (which will be better than any built in phono pre-amp). The 320 lists for $399, but you can get it for about $315-325. That leaves plenty of money in your budget for a good phono pre-amp. NAD makes a good one, which you can probably get a dealer to throw in with the integrated for another $60-80, and other good phono pre-amps are avaiable from Music Hall and Pro-Ject can be found at the Needle Doctor (www.needledoctor.com) website for about $120.

By the way, what speakers are you driving?

Username: Captsquid

Post Number: 2
I thought the amp on the NAD was gone, but after talking to two repair centers their concencus was the connectors and/or some circuitry.

That Outlaw seems comparable to the NAD, is not 17 uears old, and looks real cool as well. Over $500, but will definitely be considered.

Speakers are on the agenda also. The old (1982) EPI's have to go. How about some demo Infinity Kappa 400's for $700? Opinions on good receiver / speaker pairings are welcome.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 712
Stephen:

How big is your room? What do you prefer to listen to, music-wise?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us