Azur 640c v2 vs nad 542

Username: Majorseven

Tel Aviv, Israel

Post Number: 2
Any bottom line in this comparison?

Username: Logos

Kopavogur, IS Iceland

Post Number: 5
I also would like to hear if anybody has compared these two to a OK or good dvd player like the Pioneer DV 565A or newer? Should I buy the Azur 640C for cd and use my Pioneer 565 for the rest? I did listen to the NAD dvd player through a NAD AV Reciver and it sounded good but then the dealer played the same CD on the Nad 542 connected to the C352 and it sounded alot better.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 756
Birgir:

I have heard the the NAD and the Pioneer DVD player and it is no comparison, IMHO. The NAD is much cleaner, greater detail, and a better soundstage. I would expect the Cambridge would provide similar results.

Username: Logos

Kopavogur, IS Iceland

Post Number: 8
I read elswere here I think were somone was comparing the Nad to the Cambridge and said that they are to close to each other in sound that there is little or no diffrence between them. Since I am going to buy the AZUR 540R Reciver I probably will end up by buying the Azur 640C. I find the Azur range to be more stylish than the Nad. But If I was going for A Nad HT then I would buy the Nad cd player to have the same look.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us