Paradigm speakers finally do shine

Username: Osoz

New buffalo, Mi United states

Post Number: 1
ive finally got my paradigm studio 100 v 3 speakers to sound better than anything ive heard before.i have the whole surrond system,the studio 100 v3s with 20 surrounds,the cc 570,and the servo 15 sub.i had the harmen kardon signature series running this to begin with but something was lacking with the sound that i couldnt quite place.they sounded good but not what i would consider awesome.the harmen was a pre amp with a 100 watt per channel * 5.then i found god,i purchased two eatrhquake cinenova grande 300 watt per channel *3 amps they weigh 240 lbs together. my goodness i have never heard anything so beautiful in my life,so magical and holographic in two channel.music is so unbelievable and movies are too.you can actually hear everything in the movies.i cant even explain the sound ,but it is a powerful combination.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6911
Awesome.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7867

I bet your cleaning lady is impressed with 240 lbs. of amplifiers.

Username: Beastie1

Frisco, TX United States

Grats on finding your sweet spot. I have been a long believer of over powering speakers and gaining them appropriatley. You can make some not so desirable brands really shine with enough amp on them. So many people today attempt to get away with 100-150 wats on "high end" speakers and wonder why they dont perform. Put 250-350 on them and let them shine or fry depending on quality as you will find out quickly. =)

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 993
those studio 100's really do require seperates to perform their best. It isn't an option, it is a MUST!

salesmen shouln't be allowed to sell them to perople with recievers.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1207
Their are a few exception Gavin - B&K and McIntosh come to mind. Anything lees would be uncivilized...

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 347
congrats to ya chris

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 996
yeah... throw krell in there too

Username: Bb34

Id throw Arcam in there as well