Need New Reciever

Username: Blatheirons

Post Number: 3
Hello,

I am finishing my basement and plan on piecing together a home theater system. Currently I have some E715 Cerwin Vegas for fronts. I understand that these are not the greatest speakers, in fact they are more of a party speaker than anything else, but I was young, and didnt know any better. Anyway, I dont have the $1000+ dollars to invest in new speakers right now.
I am looking for a reciever, $550.00 is probably as high as I want to go.
I have heard the hype about the Panasonic SA-XR55S Would this be a decent match for those speakers?
I know they require a decent amount of power.
The system would be for HT and Music.
Suggestions on a good center channel would be appreciated as well.
Any help would be great.
Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3678
The Panny with your CVs would probably be quite bright, but no shortage of power.

Bronze Member
Username: Eld

Texas

Post Number: 88
For $230, the Panasonic is a great choice for an intermediate receiver.

Very unique sound, but nice and dynamic. It is very dependent on your speaker sound, so I recommend you test it our for a least 2 weeks. It will stress your speaker character. If your speaker is fuzzy you will hear it. If your speaker is clear, you will hear it as well. I actually think it works best with a neutral or bright speaker.

You will need to burn it in (have it turn on) for
at least 3 days before the sound warms up a little.

Its bass response is not the best, but is ok. Treble is good.

Will definitely recommend it with a separate sub, but not necessary.

Username: Blatheirons

Post Number: 6
It sounds like the Panasonic is going to be my best bet. The price is under what I planing on paying, so I can throw some more cash into something else. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. If it were not for this forum I would have been going out blind.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 691
Try before you buy . . .'nough said.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us