Yamaha RXV590 powers itself off

Username: Dalley

Post Number: 1
Hello ... I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on this issue. I've owned this receiver for about 8 years (bought new for about $450) or so with out any problems.

I turn it on the other day and it just powers itself right off. Nothing new was hooked up to it, no changes, etc.

I unplugged all the speakers/connectors from it and it still does the same thing. Turn it on and it turns right off.

Is this something I can look into or fix on my own(fuse?) because it probably will not be worth it to repair considering how much value these things lose over time. I just wanted to know before I throw it in the trash....thanks in advance,,,

Bronze Member
Username: Jorge59

Rio de JaneiroBrasil

Post Number: 81
I think it has a problem. So, the safety device turns it off to avoid further damage.
You'd better do not insist and take it to repair. The technician will tell if it is some small thing (worth to fix) or something more expensive than a new unit.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7777

If the unit shuts itself down when no connections other than power are provided, the reciver has an internal problem which will require a technician's service. Quite honestly, manufacturers are building equipment that, for $450 eight years ago, isn't worth fixing. That's unfortunate, as it promotes the idea of disposable electronics instead of buying for quality that lasts for decades. If you wish to have the unit checked out, most repair shops will give an estimate of costs before doing any work. Be prepared for at least a few dollars in parts and about $75 or so in labor. If that's not worth it to you, consider what you are buying next time around. Unfortunately, there aren't many alternatives to disposable junk until you get to some fairly pricey gear. You might check out the pre owned equipment, though it will possibly be higher priced than you want to spend. But, at least that would avoid the cheap junk from the mainstream manufacturers.

http://buy.audiogon.com/cgia/fsb.pl

http://www.audioclassics.com/

Username: Coyland

Post Number: 1
YES; I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM, ACTUALLY I HAVE ANOTHER RECEIVER DOING THE SAME THING, JUST STARTED LAST WEEK. I KNOW IT WAS NOT A POWER SERGE BECAUSE BOTH OF THEM ARE IN SEPARATE ROOMS ON EXPENSIVE SERGE PROTECTORS, NO OTHER PROBLEMS WITH THE OTHER ELECTRONICS???

Bronze Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 51
My parents kenwood is 20 years old adn it still runs great

Bronze Member
Username: Joeypasta

Bedford, Texas

Post Number: 14
Funny, I have a Yamaha; and it has recently been doing the same thing. It comes and goes.

Bronze Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 52
Maybe heat/cooling problems

(Hot weather)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us