Try this $20 tweak b4 upgrading!

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 841
I sent my favorite CDs to this guy in the buttom, and he made a super duper version of it for me, and it sounds smooth and dynamic, like a good analogue sound of LP.

I was never satisfied with CD sound, and was thinking of upgrading, but now I am happy with it - the source was the problem.

You know the Europian thinking that the source is the most important link ...

Might want to give it a try before shelling out thousands for an upgrade you don't need.

http://www.geocities.com/agapehunger/classic_tan.html

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1481
Your page doesn't specify the $20 cost, so you might want to update it.

What is it that you are doing, apart from making a CDR copy of the CD at a slow burn rate? Yes, I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that you are the same person based on the fact that you both used the spelling 'buttom'.

While this service might be legal in Canada, I'm almost sure it isn't in the USA. Don't let the RIAA catch you!

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 841
Now, I would not expect any Hoover High Tornado or Glendale High Dynamiter to do anything illegal, especially anything involving alcohol and music.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7769

Original CD - $16.95

Duplication service - $20.00

Total - $36.95 per CD

You're friggin' kidding me! At that price per disc, you could soon buy a system worth the price of a car.

While you're explaining what it is you're doing, explain how a slow burn rate puts back information that was originally left out by the flawed manufacturing process. Error correction has just as much chance of getting it wrong again if it's already wrong on the first copy.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1572
Kick hisass.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6704
We have a perfect candidate for you.

Calling John Wagner
Where are you? This is something you should try.
"Think about it! You don't know what you are missing!"

Gold Member

Post Number: 6711
John Wagner will have to register now. The moderators just disabled anonymous postings:-)

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1483
Something tells me that James Lee won't be comming back to this thread. That's okay. At least with the current replies the thread won't appear as an independent endorsement in google searches.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7775

The bad news, we don't get an explanation of JL's process and how he was trying to scam someone.

The good news, he isn't going to benefit from this forum when he tries to scam someone else.

Now, if someone should come across this thread by doing a search, there was a suggestion of a similar process to JL's intimated on this thread; https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/200105.html

The process appears to involve a specific player/recorder interface and costs a bit of cash. I don't think SM ever got a resolution to her question as to how effective this "tweak" could actually become.

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1484
James Lee said:

I sent my favorite CDs to this guy in the buttom, and he made a super duper version of it for me

this guy refers to Joong-In Rhee. Search for this name and you will find this:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/2267.html

The email associated with Joong-In Rhee is gonglee3@hotmail.com

James Lee's profile states his email is gonglee1@hotmail.com

Same person maybe? More than likely.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7780

Seems to be the scam of the hour to post on a forum and build up hits on your web page. Or so JI thought also.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6718
James Lee...are you still out there?

How was the service when you sent your favorite CDs to yourself?

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1574
Great Peter.
It's like a Columbo episode!
hehe

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1485
I would not have even investigated if he hadn't spelled bottom as buttom in both his post and the ad.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 863
Send all your CDs to me and I'll burn them on my computer for you at 0.0001KB/s. The burn process will somehow reveal information that wasn't on the fast run at the CD plant, where they use those crappy $10,000 burners. I bought my CD burner at Best Buy so I know it's good.

I only charge $20 a CD (And I don't send the originals back because it's illegal to have multiple copies of the same album)

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7787

I'm not sure everyone knows CD's are stamped at the major factories. The pits are imbedded permanently in the aluminum substrate. There is no "burning" done at CD "pressing" plants.

Yeah, sure, you guys knew that.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3682
LOL, the only thing worse than a scammer is a completely brainless one who doesn't even know how to cover his tracks! Good sleuthwork there Peter.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 866
You'd think that the stamped CDs would be much more durable than consumer grade burned copies are, yet they become useless just as easily.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7805

A consumer grade CD-R has the images of the pits and flats "stained" on the surface and, as such, the image will slowly fade. Last I read, burned CD's should be good for about twenty years.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6751
"Original CD - $16.95

Duplication service - $20.00

Total - $36.95 per CD "

Getting suckered into actually sending your CDs and paying for this crap - PRICELESS.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 803
Hey Berny... why don't you send in your "Closer" CD, and send mine in with it! Then we can see if this REALLY works...

ROTFLMAO!

those of you that don't know about this, check out the thread in the music forum about andrea bocelli and david foster. It went a little wayward when I saw david f's name, and I threw in my $.02

Gold Member

Post Number: 6771
LOL!

I'm still PO'd with that. Now I can't stand that CD:-)

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 940
i thought james lee was one of the moe intelligent members here.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1580
So did he, till Peter busted his bals.

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 819
I had the opportunity to listen to some CD-Rs last night that sounded much better than redbook CDs.

Of course, the owner had access to the masters when he made them.

;-)

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1581
No, I,m not green at all, Tim.
Ohh no...
What did the owner burn them on?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7832

"I had the opportunity to listen to some CD-Rs last night that sounded much better than redbook CDs."

I find that difficult to believe. I have held both types of discs up to my ears, ... wait, I'll do it again right now ... wait... I'll be back in a minute ... ouch!

Yes, just as I thought, ... hmmmmmmm ... waaaaaait ... wassat?

Right! Neither type sounds better than the other. You'll have to try harder than that to fool us, Tim.

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 821
Is that your idea of Friday night entertainment Jan?

Nuck,
We can be envious together 'cuz I didn't even get copies.
The CDs were made at a brand new recording studio in China with mostly FM Acoustics equipment. Here in North America we're shutting down state-of-the-art recording studios while in China they're building them.

wait...their?...there?....they're?....durrrr....

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1583
They be building them there(got around the apostraphe issue), because the Chinese donot care a whit where the toxic waste from such an operation end up.
The mangenese, silver oxide and Diety knows what else are simply dumped into the nearest ditch, hauled by peons and driven by whips.(ok maybe that is a bit much).
China will rise to the economic heights of North America x 15, and the yuan will be the preffered trading denomination for years, until that big ol house comes down, just like here, when self poisoning and lawsuits take over.

I gotta get a hobby on the road, man.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7838

"Is that your idea of Friday night entertainment Jan?"

Nuck has provided no instructions for Second Friday of the Month.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1585
Second verse, same as the first.
I might suggest a flaming bag of poo on a neighbors doorstep, and I might further suggest it be defended as art, or a political statement.

Or this.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 900
what about running for a political office with the slogan "free buttplugs for all"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us