Sherwood Newcastle

Bronze Member
Username: Kidstereo

Post Number: 16
What kind of sound do Sherwood newcastle receivers have?

a. Warm, with adequate bass.
b. Warm, but not much bass.
c. Neutral.
d. Neutral, but not much bass.
e. Bright, but adequate bass.
f. Bright, and not much bass.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 857
It's a neutral receiver. Your speakers (and their placement) along with your room acoustics will have the most effect on bass response. You can also control bass response with tone controls or even better with a good self-powered subwoofer that is properly placed and dialed in, or at least dialed in the way you like it.

Bronze Member
Username: Stevizard

Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Post Number: 34
Matt,

I own the Sherwood Newcastle P-965 processor & A-965 amp. I'm running three RBH Sound T1 speakers in front, two RBH Sound 66-SE speaker surrounds, and one RBH Sound 1212SE subwoofer. The Sherwoods produce more than enough power to blow the roof off while still maintaining near perfect audio accuracy. In other words, you won't make a mistake with the Newcastle product line.

Steve

Username: Deevak

Post Number: 1
like to know which amp is better the nad t773 or the sherwood r835. thankyou

Bronze Member
Username: Uback007

Post Number: 34
I have not hear a Sherwood Newcastle...However, I have heard the NAD and all I can say, is WOW!
It reminded me of an expensive tube system I had heard 10 years ago... You don't even need to spend the money on the 773 as the 753 or even the 743 might even suffice.. I'm not sure what feature set you are looking for, so you may need the 773 - But rest assured, the sound of that the whole line is superb for the money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us